Women’s Health – Physiotherapy Treatments
As a specialist in women’s health, we are able to offer a range of professional physiotherapy treatments
for women. These include...
Antenatal and Postnatal Physiotherapy
Our physiotherapists can treat:
- Pelvic girdle pain, can also known as SPD or symphysis pubis dysfunction
- Low back pain, possibly with leg pain or sciatica
- Separation of stomach muscles (rectus diastasis)
During and following the birth of your baby your body can significantly change. It is important that your physiotherapist has a good understanding of the physiological, mechanical and psychological impacts of these changes and how to treat them effectively and safely.
- Frequency of passing urine
- Urgency incontinence
- Stress incontinence
- Pelvic organ prolapse
As many as one in three women will experience bladder problems at some point in their lifetime. Many are too embarrassed to admit or discuss it. Many more think it is an inevitable consequence of age or childbirth. This is not the case, and as our women’s health experts will tell you, a simple assessment, exercises and some lifestyle changes can often be enough to improve or eliminate your symptoms.
More Physiotherapy for Women
Here are some of the other treatments that we can provide:
- ACPWH pelvic floor assessment and treatment for urinary incontinence
- Musculoskeletal conditions in pregnancy
- Treatment and exercise in the childbearing year
- Mysofascial release
- Acupuncture in pregnancy
For more information about our physiotherapy services for women, give us a call on 0844 257 0122