Doctorcall was pleased to allow the cameras into our Harley Street clinic recently for a special piece in The Sun.
The video article highlighted the importance of smear tests for women and how easy it is to arrange one.
What is a smear test?
- A smear test, or cervical screening test, checks for abnormal cells on the cervix (the womb's entrance from the vagina).
- If any abnormal cells are found, these can be removed - to stop them becoming cancerous.
- This is a preventative measure, and does not mean you already have cancer.
- For one in 20 women, these checks will pick up some abnormal changes.
- It's possible for sexually active women of any age to develop cervical cancer, but it's most common in women aged 25-29.
- The condition is very rare in women under 25.
- Women aged 25-49 are offered tests every three years, while women between the ages of 50 and 64 are tested every five years.
Smear tests are available at all three Doctorcall clinic locations.
There are many factors that go into the making and breaking of a runner. As a keen social/club runner and sports physiotherapist I take a special interest in all of them. It is both remarkable and wonderful to see just how many people are running these days. The “parkrun” phenomenon has gripped both young and old the length/breadth of the country. For such a natural gift, the number of varying running styles is intriguing. The majority of runners (below elite level) have never had any formal run technique coaching.
If you’re looking to improve your running efficiency to either go faster, further or just to keep running by reducing the chances of injury, then having a running assessment is a great idea.A recent medical trial was featured in the Daily Telegraph
Their findings cited as the major cause of injury were over striding and reduced gluteal/hip stability. These two points certainly resonate with the assessments I perform. I assess a runner’s biomechanics and running technique to see how one affects the other and vice versa. There is little point affecting one without considering the other.
Booking a running assessment is a good investment for you and your running